Sunday, October 9, 2011

S is for Simon and Similac!

I told you I'm terrible at this. I believe it's almost been a week since I've written. The past few days have been wonderful (i love weekends) and nothing much has happened on the home front. Simon is trying to hold his own bottle and yep, still sleeping in his swing. This morning, after he had breakfast, he started yelling. Not unhappy yelling, but smiling yelling. I think he's found a new noise to make and it's pretty adorable. He's not sitting up on his own, but he is able to hold his head up, so I just had to try...
Yep, he's finally able to sit in his boppy. It seems to be a tight squeeze, especially after he eats (little buddha belly) but it works for now!
.
Brianne and Christy came to see him today. They brought him his first pumpkin. I must say, for a tiny pumpkin, I was impressed...way to go, David and Brianne!
Simon with his pumpkin, in his pumpkin pj's.
Simon and Brianne lounging on the couch:
Okay, so Simon is a bit of a snob when it comes to formula. Yes, I did try to breastfeed, but that was about as successful as me trying to do math - it just didn't work. This really should be a separate post because I could go on about how long it took us to finally find a formula that worked, but I'll keep it short. After at least a month of searching and trying different types, David and I finally found Similac Soy, ready to feed liquid. Can I say THANK YOU to Similac for this formula! This made all of our lives ten times better, and when Si is happy, we are happy. For some reason the powder made him spit up but the ready feed doesn't. Just so you know, one ready feed bottle lasts him a day. This is what my kitchen hutch is filled with for now :
21 bottles of ready feed soy, 21 days of food! That's all I'll say about this for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment