Monday, October 10, 2011

Daddy Daycare

When times are tough, you hunker down and face the challenge. This post is going to be about my amazing husband/partner in life, David. If you had asked me when I met this guy, if I would ever consider him stay at home daddy material, I may have laughed in your face. Not because he's unfit, or because I didn't have faith, but because David is a man who needs a challenge and constant change. He gets bored with routine and LOVES outdoors. Well, the inevitable has happened and David is staying home, raising our son. There really isn't a need for the why's and how's of this decision we've made, there is only deep appreciation that runs through my soul. I know it's more common for dads to stay home now, but David has exceeded any expectation I could have possibly ever had. He's just perfect with him and knowing Simon is home with him, makes work so much easier for me. There are a lot of moms out there who have to take their children to daycare, and for some, it's very difficult. Not one day have I ever been anxious about leaving for work, or have I had a panic attack about dropping him off with someone I barely know. I really am fortunate that right now, he's in his daddy's arms, safe and loved all day.
I get a little teary eyed thinking about this. I'm not sad, but overjoyed that God has blessed me with the opportunity to have such a wonderful husband who took the challenge and embraces every day. I'm sure he gets bored, and I'm sure there are some days where he gets cabin fever, but not one time have I ever heard him complain. I see the way David looks at Simon, and it's just breathtaking to see the bond they have built already. No, he doesn't get his hands dirty by working outdoors. No, he doesn't get tired from working on his feet all day. No, he doesn't get bored sitting at a desk. Yes, he gets his hands dirty with diapers, gets tired from running Simon in the stroller (when he's fussy), and gets bored from being in this house too much sometimes but he does it all with a smile on his face, and for that, I fall in love with him even more everyday.

I did say in an earlier post that I'm not a writer. Half the time I don't make sense and most of the time, I'm terrible at leaving important details out. I just wanted you all to know how much I appreciate my husband, the father of my son.

No comments:

Post a Comment