Thursday, July 18, 2013

Simon Turns 2!!!!

It is unbelievable how quickly this last year has flown by. Seems like yesterday I was stressing over putting the big first birthday party together. It's almost a literal blur...

I didn't go overboard with a HUGE party this year, instead we played it low key and did what I thought he would enjoy the most. We did have a very small party, and by small, I mean oh so small! Simon doesn't like cake, so he had ice cream instead, oh and goldfish :).

July 2, 2013 - I decided the game plan for his big day this year would be a petting zoo. He really enjoys animals and seeing them in their natural state (or close to it). Not too far from where we live is a little petting zoo by the name of Hollywild (http://www.hollywild.com/). My cousin, Anna, joined us on this adventure.
Simon racing to see the animals
 

Have no clue what the name of this is, but the baby birds were adorable!
 
 I can honestly say I've only seen goats on rocks in the movies, never in real life. Check this out! These things jumped to get down to where we were. Oh, did I mention Hollywild provided us with a bag of food (crackers, corn, bread) to feed these sweet things?!?


Please feed me!
 

Sweetest animals! They were so gentle when getting the crackers.

Too bad we couldn't hand feed this thing.
Or this one....
 




Do you see all of these goats climbing the fence for food!
 Hollywild offers a 'safari tour' about every 45 minutes depending on weather. They loaded several crowds of people on a school bus and took us into the 'safari'. At the first stop we were able to feed cow, deer and emu (except they weren't so friendly).

Please notice that tiny baby doe.

Shortly after this I had to move Simon - the bird was trying to eat him
If you're reading this, and have little ones, or know kids that would enjoy this, I highly recommend this place! I think Simons favorite part was running through the puddles and feeding all the random chickens walking around but the animals were pretty cool for him as well. It started pouring  raining shortly after we loaded up for the safari tour but the rain didn't stop this little fellow from trying to get out there with them.

It was so awesome seeing him run around and having so much fun! They are only little once, but these experiences last a lifetime and I can't wait to make more of these with him in the years to come! I am so lucky to have him in my life! Happy 2nd birthday, my sweet Simon!

No comments:

Post a Comment